Mr Atkins is a Civil Engineer with more than 20 years of project and corporate development experience across commercial, industrial, mining and infrastructure sectors with responsibility for driving projects from concept, through feasibility and development to operational assets.
Prior to founding Cheetah Resources (now a subsidiary of Vital Metals), previous roles included Corporate Planning Manager at Lynas Corporation, where he oversaw development and implementation of the corporate strategic planning process. This included the management and governance of the following capital works and business development programs:
- Mt Weld Rare Earth Mine and Concentration Plant;
- Lynas Advanced Materials Plant (LAMP): Kuantan, Malaysia;
- Kangankunde Rare Earth Project: Malawi; and
- Crown Polymetallic Deposit.
He has also held the position of Group Executive – Operations at Rutila Resources. In this role, he managed corporate and project development activities including the following strategic and execution plans, business cases, feasibility assessments, project management and governance activities:
- $4B Balla Balla Infrastructure Project: 100Mtpa open access, greenfield port and rail development; and
- $1B Balla Balla Titano-Magnetite Project.